Wednesday, June 17, 2015

I Will...Never Be A Memory

So with the announcement that we are finally going to get a remake of Final Fantasy VII. I thought this is the perfect opportunity to do a list of my favourite moments from the game. Now this was actually harder than I thought when I put it into practice. Why? Well I started to have a list split with moments I felt great about accomplishing and then story moments which have left me and others in the state of hoping for a remake for years. I decided I would go with the story moments as I think that is something everyone can relate to. So here we go.

5. Cid Finally Going to Space


So when we first encounter Cid he is a bitter man for what he believes was taken away from him. All he ever wanted was to go to space and see the world from there. He lost his chance after he decided to save someone rather than go for his dream. Years later he gets his chance and realizes he made the right choice back when he did, but you cannot help the feels coming when he is looking through the glass into space when he is finally there.

4. Encountering Vincent Valentine


Everyone always gives Cloud and Sephiroth the prize as the most interesting characters in the game. I have to say I find Vincent's backstory jsut as interesting if not more so. This is a guy who gave up everything just to help protect the one he loved and has been punishing himself for years for what he believes are his failures.

3. Sephiroth Burning Nibelheim


The moment that probably has more fan art creations than any other in the history of gaming. There is a reason this moment is looked on as one worth doing so. This is a major point in the story which truly is the reason for the entire rest of the story.

2. Aerith Death


Bet you thought this was going to be number one didn't you? This is a great moment one which is considered one of the greatest moments in gaming reason for what it actually had the guts to do. Sure main characters had been killed off before, but never like this. Truly a sad moment of sad moments and one that I think everyone is looking forward to seeing in the remake.

1. Killing Septhiroth with Omnislash


The true "Last Boss" of the game. Now, of course, this moment is an automatic win, but that doesn't take away from its epicness. You are one on one with the "greatest" swordsmen in the world and you cut him to pieces. Showing you are not only better but that everything you fought for the entire game is over and completed.

There they are my favourite story moments from a game I have played way too many times to count. I am sure you have some of your own some of which might be these. As always let me know one way or another.

1 comment:

  1. Cid going to space was definitely a dem feels moment for sure. One I think is often forgotten with everything else that happened in the game

    ReplyDelete