Thursday, August 20, 2015

36-10-59-97


I was thinking the other day how much things have changed gaming wise. Now I still firmly believe that most games today are much easier in difficulty then games of years past as I am sure most of you would agree. This is really do to modern programming able to include difficulty levels into the mix. What also needs to be taken into account is the fact that the internet exists. Now why does this make a difference? Well it used to be your only methods for strats or help was from friends, family, or gaming magazines. If you didn't have a way you were stuck wondering how and developing your own strategy.

The internet has changed that in such a way that if you are stuck well you can just look for a strategy or a walkthrough and you will be set. Sure you still have to accomplish the task yourself, but you have something to build towards. Today there really is no excuse not being able to beat something except for the simple answer that you aren't good enough. Now is this a good thing? Well it is and it isn't. If you are like me you always try to do things yourself at first and see if you can go about doing things your own way. Sure this process can take longer and your strategy itself might be flawed but really I am used to this from when I was younger and playing RPGs. You had no other choice. The thing that bothers me now is people don't even try they go right to the net or their strategy guide and figure out how it is done. I don't see how this can be fun. To me part of the fun of gaming is being able to figure things out and share it with your friends.

Look at the title of this post for example. It is something I will never forget and I would hope no one else who has ever figured it out would either. It was a sense of accomplishment or a small achievement for those of us who were lucky enough. So do me a favour if you don't from now on, try things yourself first and then if you are struggling or think there is a better way then look it up, but not before then.

1 comment: