Sunday, April 15, 2012

Ask Gauss

Sunday Sunday Sunday! If you didn't know today is Sunday. One of my favourite days of the week because I sleep in and I wake up and make sure I make myself some pancakes. Just something that has always been done since I was little and I have stuck to it. Last Sunday, was Easter which was the reason we didn't see an Ask Gauss post. Family stuff where I have to show up to or some people may actually report me missing or dead. I know eh? Just a little creepy. So this week's edition of Ask Gauss will be with questions sent to me the past couple weeks. As always if you don't know how to send in your questions it is pretty simple. There is a link on the top right of the page or you can email them directly to gaussafication@gmail.com. I know it is pretty difficult isn't it? So enough talk let's get right into it.

So Warriors in Mists of Pandaria will always have what they asked for. Every ability in every stance, no rage penalties and so on and so forth. How does it feel?


Honestly? As much as it may make sense and everything like that I tend to think this takes one of the elements away of where the best could shine. There are still other ways to showcase your own abilities, but stance dancing was something that I always thought was fun and added an extra element of game play. I guess though it is a thing of the past wanting to make all classes easier to play, but still have the separation. I am not going to call this catering to casuals because I don't talk like that and never have. I will just say it will be missed, and it will be something that the older players can say "remember when?" There are a lot of these things which exist in WoW now, but that tends to happen when the game gains age. There have been many changes over the years and no one knows their game better than Blizzard so if they believe this is finally a good change now after years of people asking for it. I will believe them, and enjoy the time I had with my stance dancing.


Is Battle.net 2.0 really as bad as some say it is?


I did do a fail post on this, but it is worth answering. You see I believe there is always room for improvement in anything that is just the way I am. I am not going to say that battle.net 2.0 is a failure like some. One of the main complaints of the original battle net was that you were forced into it even when you didn't want to be. Many people created random channels just so there wasn't endless things which they didn't want to hear or talk about. So what did Blizzard do? Well they made it an option to join the chats, which in my opinion is a great thing. Some people believe it or not want to just play the game they logged on to play and don't want to have a social experience. The people who claim 2.0 is a failure is because the chats are a ghost town, and that before they were always full. Now let's think about this for a minute. Were they full because people were forced to be in them? Or were they full because everyone in them was talking? I am going to say the first one. Now I think one of the problems there are now is that you have to look for them to join them. They will be making it easier. I also think the problem is now that people won't join channels unless a certain number of people are in it. To me this is just plain dumb. Like honestly? Do these people not see the irony in this? If you want your social experience join and wait, if it is that important to you it will be that important to other people. Not everyone can be a follower. 


Diablo III starting class will be?


Think it is going to be the Monk. Just have an itch to play one.

There you have it questions answered. Hope you got something out of it. Enjoy what is left of your weekend!

1 comment: