Wednesday, April 4, 2012

What's In A Name?

Today we are going to talk about the Diablo III collectors edition. Why? Well if you already knew why, why would you read this post?

To get on topic it's simple. For those that are unaware, the Collectors Edition does come with a lot of cool stuff. Also I am one of those people that I do like to have the collectors edition, but I wouldn't shell out an extra $40 for something if I didn't like multiple things which came with it. So this post has nothing to do with how much it costs or if it is worth it. That is completely beside the point. So please let's not clog up the comments or my inbox with how Blizzard is gouging people with the cost of the CE.

Now since that is out of the way, let's talk about the exclusive dyes, which come with the collectors edition. These are dyes which can be used on your armor which are bottomless and only available to CE buyers. Now these are the names and descriptions of the dyes themselves

Bottled Cloud
The gentle wind of the heavens cools the air, infusing the area with a soft glow


Bottled Smoke
An eerie howl emanates from within as creeping shadows spill forth.

Now reading this descriptions I would think that this would imply more than just the colours. I also don't think I am the only one. In fact though it was confirmed by Bashiok that it is just a grey colour or a white colour. Now this would be fine with me if it is just their way of making something simple sound epic. Now you may or may not know that when you dye an item putting it on the auction house removes the dye colour. As it should in my opinion, but you can dye something and drop it in front of you for someone else to pick it up. This for some reason will apply to the CE edition dyes as well. So people who didn't get the CE can get the dyes. Even if it is a more difficult way of doing it, they still can. This cannot be intended. CE content should just be that, and this really bugs me even if it is just the colour of your armor. That really isn't the point of it at all. The fact of the matter is if you tell the public something is CE exclusive make it that way, don't let something like this happen.

1 comment:

  1. Wow if thats the case I really think it is a slap in the face. Also those descriptions really imply there is more to them then just colour.

    ReplyDelete