Friday, June 28, 2013

SimCity Airships



So there is the video which introduces the new Airships DLC for SimCity. Now think this pack is a great idea. I think the game needs a way to reduce traffic region wide and a better way to bring high wealth tourists in which doesn't take up the massive space that an airport does. Also my cities do get rather interesting when I place the same park all over so having different options for this is great. Especially with them adding the fact the balloons themselves add happiness to the sims.

So yes these things are all great to add to the game. Also I would be willing to pay for such a thing. This though is the second DLC in under 2 months both of which have been priced at $8.99. EA has got a bad reputation for for doing this exact thing. I am not complaining that the content is bad or that it shouldn't even be a DLC. If they want to charge for editions then so be it, but charging $8.99 for a DLC every 3 weeks is going beyond a bit excessive. The game itself is only $60. I just don't see how the higher ups can allow people to make these decisions. If they want to have a DLC every 3 weeks so be it but don't charge 15% of the cost of the game for them. It makes it all look like a cash grab. Maybe I was wrong to give them the benefit of the doubt on the Amusement Park, but with this happening I really don't know what to think.

4 comments:

  1. Your right it does look pretty cool and I may have even paid the $8.99 for it but not if as you said they release a DLC 3 weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow they charge $8.99 for DLCs? that is like half the cost of an xpac almost

    ReplyDelete
  3. EA will always be EA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just can't see myself playing this game till all the bugs are fixed. Being an EA game though don't see that happening anytime soon

    ReplyDelete