Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Here's A Letter From The Princess

Here we are in the middle of the week wondering what to do with ourselves. Although if you are here you are probably expecting a list of some sort. You wouldn't be wrong in thinking that, because today is list day in Gauss land. What is the list about this week you may ask? Well I figured with the release of Assassin's Creed Chronicles it would be a good time to look at what I feel are the best Side Scrolling games out there. So here goes.

5. Little Big Planet


Now there were so many games that could have made this list and the reason this made it over the others was not only because of it's focus on the modern version of a side scrolling game game the wonderful environments that just make it fun to play.

4. Mega Man 2 


When it was released the creators said it was by far and away the best Mega Man game there was. Of course, it was only the second game at the time, but it is a statement that I would say holds true till today.

3. Donkey Kong Country


A game that stretch the 16 bit world to the limit. Not only was this game ahead of its time graphically it was a blast to play. Also bordered on unfair and insanely difficult but you could not hate on it because hey it is Donkey Kong

2. Ducktales


A game that most recently got itself a graphically update because someone realize an entirely new generation of gamers needs to play this game. Based on the cartoon which the modern gamers probably have no idea about, but still a great way to spend a gaming day.

1. Super Mario Bros 3


I thought to myself for awhile if it was going to be Super Mario World just because of Yoshi but really I just couldn't. This game really is everything you want a side-scroller to be. Fun, difficult, and makes you think. I think anytime one is made this is the game they look to as comparison 

There they are. What I believe are the best Side Scrolling games their are. Agree with me? Well probably not. So let me know what you think is better one way or another.

1 comment:

  1. I recently had the chance to play Ducktales for the first time when it was free for Playstation Plus. I must say I was surprised at actually how good it is. The game is hard but that is expected for that generation of games, but I enjoyed it quite a bit

    ReplyDelete