Wednesday, February 4, 2015

I've Read A Book Or Two

Wednesday you know that day in the middle of the week. The middle although often good isn't really that great if it doesn't start and end well. You know like a 3 parter. This brings me the topic of this week's list. The best trilogies. Now let me be specific her in that they need to be only 3 games and the story must build on the last and have a clear start and finish. So obviously that excludes a lot of options out there. So here are my top trilogies.

5. Final Fantasy XIII


Now I know people have given this Final Fantasy game a lot of slack because the first game was too linear. I understand those complaints, but that is no reason to look away how the story made a full turn around. How often is a trilogy in place where you are playing 3 separate styles and really 3 different main characters. This doesn't happen. So no matter what anyone says I cannot exclude this from my list.

4.Donkey Kong


What can I say. The king of side scroll trilogies gave us something frustrating yet fun to play over and over. Countless hours were wasted in these games and I wouldn't trade that time for anything.

3. Mass Effect


Yes the ending wasn't what everyone expected. I get that. This still doesn't take away from a trilogy which let you build on what you did in the previous games and bring it to the next. It really was a completely personal environment for you from game to game.

2. Assassin's Creed II


Everyone loves Ezio, and seeing him from birth to the very end of his assassin career is something gamers will never forget. By far one of the most likable protagonists in any game. The story came together so nicely and really does anything beat revenge?

1. Uncharted 


Now I know this is going to get a 4th game. Which is not out yet and the story as a whole was wrapped up nicely from start to finish with the 3 games. I figured though before it gets a forth game no matter how connected or not better give this series the best trilogy vote before it is too late.

There you have it. The list is out and send your arguments this way because I know they are coming.

2 comments:

  1. I am assuming ME drops because of the ending. Although I can't really argue with anything everyone did what Trilogies should do. I just think GoW or resistance should be there instead of FFXIII

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard to compete with Uncharted here. All the games were game of the year when they were out and they are an exclusive an extremely hard thing to do. Not to mention Uncharted 2 is one of the best games ever. Not sure I would have included DK but makes sense why you did.

    ReplyDelete