Wednesday, February 25, 2015

The Price You Pay May Be Heavy Indeed

Here we are in the middle of the week once again. Last week we talked about games where sequels are something which would be of benefit to their respective series. This week the list is for games that don't need sequels so much that I think it would ruin the base game. Now this isn't a list of games I don't like that keep getting sequels regardless. Have a look and see if you agree.


5. Bully


Sometimes refered to as GTA: Highschool, but to me far from it. To me the GTA series lacks depth and now is just selling now based on its name and not the final product. Bully on the other hand had a marvelous setting and although not everything took care of itself I feel going back would turn it really into GTA: Highschool

4. Altered Beast


A game from my childhood that I played endless even downloaded it when it became available on PSN to relive all those times. Going back into the shapeshifting universe would just seem so wrong to a game that felt so right every time I got my hands on it.

3. Heavy Rain


With a story that is left open but done in such a way that you can decide on your own what happened. Some will point to the characters and how going back would give us an opportunity to be with them all again. To me this would ruin everything Heavy Rain gave up.

2.  Red Dead Redemption 


Sadly there is a sequel planned for this game. It doesn't need one and it shouldn't have one. When games are next level amazing releasing sequels really can destroy everything the series was built on. Can anyone say Devil May Cry?

1. Shadow of the Colossus


Sure there really is no room for a sequel to be made in my eyes, but truly one of those games when I completed it I got this feeling it was going to be milked forever. The game had everything and really is one of my favourite games ever with a twist ending I am still having trouble getting over.

There you have it this week's list. Is there any games you feel should never have sequels? Let me know as always!

2 comments:

  1. I don't see how Heavy Rain could ever work. There seems to be a pretty set ending in stone right there

    ReplyDelete
  2. the reboot to dmc was awesome tho

    ReplyDelete