Thursday, February 12, 2015

The Lost Vikings


As many of you know I have been a gamer for quite some time. Really almost as far back as I can remember I have been playing some form of game or another. There was one point when I was playing on my Super Nintendo where I enjoyed the company of 3 vikings kidnapped by some Aliens to be placed in an intergalactic zoo. For those of you who have no idea what I am talking about it is an oldie but a goodie in terms of Blizzard games.

I know when The Lost Vikings were announced to be part of the Heroes of the Storm lineup at Blizzcon many of you were shaking your head wondering why they would be making an appearence. No where has it said that all the Heroes had to be Warcraft, Starcraft, or Diablo related. This was a salute to the old school Blizzard fans. When really when you think about it that is what Heroes of the Storm is. Sure you could argue Blizzard wanted to get into the MOBA market and you are probably right, but they could have made a completely new IP with a different lineup. They would have been free with their art and and hero selection among everything else.

They wanted us as fans to feel connected to the game. They wanted us to be excited about the heroes we would be playing even though them killing each other has nothing to do with anything. This is why giving us Erik, Baleog, and Olaf really is the best thing they could have done. Now all we need is some Rock and Roll Racing.

1 comment:

  1. They are fun to play even if they are pretty hard to keep control of.

    ReplyDelete