Wednesday, February 10, 2016

The Hunt Begins

Here we are in the middle of the week and time for a list. When thinking about this list I started to look to one of my favourite gaming companies Blizzard Entertainment. Now they have provided me with plenty of entertainment over the years and just recently celebrated there 25th anniversary. Pretty intense stuff. So I though today was the day I would give my favourite Blizzard moments from the past 25 years of playing their games.

5. Arcturus Mengsk Inauguration Speech 


At the end of the Terran Campaign in Starcraft 1 we heard this speech. It is still one of my favourite from any game anywhere even if I knew Arcturus Mengsk was a bad guy. The speech itself fit with everything and I still listen to it over and over again.

4. Arthas Succeeds His Father


Picking a Warcraft moment was hard, but I think this would have to be it. There has been many great cinematics, but this was all about the change of one of the greatest Lore characters any game has ever witnessed. Even today this moment gives me chills.

3. Zeratul's Death


This moment jumps up the list because it makes me remember all those times I played every single Starcraft game. Zeratul to me has been the definition of Starcraft and always the character I would explain when trying to get people into the game and its story.

2. Error 37


So Diablo III was one of the most anticipated games ever to be released. It also was planned to be released everywhere in the world at the exact same time. It didn't go as planned. The servers were not ready for the world. Now as much as this was slightly disappointing it was also a night I will never forget.

1. November 23 2004


This was the day I stepped into Azeroth for the first time. Gauss was created and started his journeys throughout Mulgore. It was really surreal being in the world that I had spent so many times in with the previous Warcraft games. Really was something special.

There you have it this week's list. What are your favourite moments from Blizzard games in the last 25 years? As always let me know in one way or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment