Fail Day! Yes here we are on yet another Tuesday ready to see who is going to be poked up of this week. While the title kind of explains it some people may not be smart enough to figure it out until I start writing. Also some people may not even read the titles I put so much time and effort into thinking up and you people should feel bad. So ya now I am just going to get on with it.
You Fail At Developing Good Game Lore If...
- The community boards are full of questions without any real answers
- Everything players conclude is speculation
- Your players skip dialogue because it just leads to more confusion
- Players know more about the combat system then the story
- The number one game request is a rewind button
- You ignore everything that happened in previous games when you develop a new one
- There is no real reason for the hero doing anything
- The games story finishes exactly where you started
- Every time you expect answers you are left with more questions which are the opposite of your previous questions
- Your answers to players questions use the word "magic"
- You often confuse yourself while writing story
- You think the ending twist to the movie "Signs" made sense
- When someone beats the game they truly have no idea what the purpose was
There you have it this week's edition of fail. Hope you all enjoyed it in some way or another. Maybe even while discussing some game lore cluelessly, but that might be just a little too ironic, don't you think?