Saturday, January 14, 2012

Cross Realm Raids What You All Think

So yes I realize it is Saturday and the Reader Post is supposed to be on Friday, and I would have really liked to get it up yesterday, but there was a problem. See I live in Canada and we get this stuff called snow quite often during the winter months and sometimes during these storms we lose power and sometimes even internet. Yes I know it is a horrible thing. So because of this I had to delay the post till today. So what is the Reader Post about this week? Well I wanted to know what all of you thought of the cross realm raids coming in 4.3.2. So let's see what you thought

I suppose it's a nice feature if two small guilds on different servers wanted to raid together. As long as sometime in the future it isn't just LFR. At least they're adding new features which is nice. I'm sure there must be some demand for it.

With battletags, and no need to share you real name/id, it will be interesting to see what kind of market is created with this. While it would be against the rules to trade money for such things I could see some trying to do it. Regardless though it will be interesting to see what type of groups are formed via third party sites. Imagine someone posting on the forums looking for 24 more people for Firelands and then everyone using the battletag system to get in a group with each other. To bad cross realm isn't cross region though that might add to many language problems to really be worth it. Great system to release with or around the battletag system.

This will solve a lot of issues with people who are on different servers (such as real life friends) and could even help out guilds who transfer servers but some people don't want to... They can stay on their server and still raid with the guild. Wonderful feature in my books!!!

Great addition, an in-game raid browser cross realm would make this perfect. For example once this releases i'd love to go back and do T11/T12 achievement runs but i don't know exactly anybody cross server to do it with even tho i'm sure they're out there.

This scares me. While Blizzard makes quite a capital from server transfers, if they ever decide to further extend this to current content, it would put the last nail in the coffin housing the rotting corpse of the mythological beast called Server Community. For what it is, it's fine and welcome and I'm sure I'd find myself using it soon enough. But I'm personally really disliking the direction this game has been heading ever since patch 3.2.

There you have it. Thank you to everyone who submitted something. If it didn't make it into the psot it doesn't mean I did not read it. This post wouldn't be possible if all of you did not take part. If you are interested in taking part in next week's Reader Post look for the topic tomorrow in the Ask Gauss post. Until then have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I was starting to think you forgot about the reader post. Would have been disappointing. Anyways glad to see you are not dead

    ReplyDelete