Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Enough With The Recolours

So I was browsing MMO Champion and found this.



Now over time I have never really said anything about recolours and such. Sure I may have complained a lot about Burning Crusade leveling gear how it was really just the same gear we had seen for 60 levels previous with just different colours, but that was leveling gear and I could get past it. I also could understand how mounts that came out in the same expansion packs had the same model with different colour schemes. This I can deal with. I actually liked how the Proto Drakes were different colours each tier it showed that achievement aspect of the game.

I also understand how they put more time into purchasable mounts, because they actually want people to buy them. If they were recolours then people wouldn't find the need or purpose. Again I am fine with that.

Now we are at this point where the game is evolving, and they choose to release this mount as new? They haven't even said where it comes from and I pissed off about it. The only way I will not be pissed off with the creation of this mount is if it comes from Outland. If it is anything but that it is outdated and laziness. Like honestly this is the identical mount that comes out of Sarth 10 with some green on it. I would also be willing to bet if you played with this mount on low graphics you wouldn't even be able to tell it had the green glow and would look exactly like the black drake.

People complained how the drakes were reused in Wrath, and I was upset about it, but I lived with it. Now they are going back to them again? Really? Honestly? Like come on. You have some of the greatest game artists in the world and this is what you come up with. Shame..That is all it is.

4 comments:

  1. I agree this has to stop. If we accept it as just a mount they will keep doing it with other things. People complained abiout quests being the same and look how they completely changed how they created them. Maybe if everyone does the same for mounts we will get the same inovation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed this needs to stop

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS HAS TO F**KING STOP THEY RE-USED THE SAME DRAKE MODEL WITH DIFFERNT COLORS LIKE 25 TIMES WTF THEY REALLY CANT COME OUT WITH A NEW DRAGON MODEL MOUNT? I THOUGHT THIS GAME WAS IN THE STAGE OF EOVLING AND THEY PULL THIS AGAIN LIKE REALLY THERE IS ABOUT 65 (DRAGON,DRAKE)ECT MOUNTS IN THIS GAME AND 5 F**KING MODELS IF THEY CANT COME OUT WITH SOME NEW MODELS FOR MOUNTS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey if you don't want the mount I'll take it. c:

      Delete