Thursday, January 29, 2015

To Rage Or Not To Rage


So I have been playing Heroes of the Storm most of this week. Trying to level myself up to 30 so I can get into ranked games and see what that has to offer. Now I enjoy the game quite a bit. It is very fun and entertaining and I think it bleeds new life into the MOBA environment. I have gone over these things before so I won't get into it again. What I will talk about is what the community is doing.

Now for anyone has played other MOBAs you will understand that the rage players have is really next level. People always have something to say about others players at anytime. Regardless of what is going on. They will chirp their teammates to no end for the simplest things because they are, of course, the worlds greatest player and you should know better.

I thought Heroes of the Storm would be safe from most of this because of the team oriented gameplay and all of that fancy stuff. Was I ever wrong. Now there was some of it when I was playing the Alpha, but ever since it has gone to Beta and I will say since the Founder's Pack became available it have been completely different. People are raging on every corner. Telling everyone to do this and do that and raging over the dumbest possible things. This is making me always always want to either play with a group of friends or play with a single friend just for the purpose of trolling the rager which is rather humorous if you get the chance to do so.

So my thought on this matter is this. Is this because of the style of gameplay? Is it just par for the course for a MOBA game. I really don't understand why this has to be the case. I have played countless team games online over a variety of platforms and I will say nothing is worse then MOBA games. Now granted Heroes is not as bad as other MOBAs currently out there, but maybe this is just because the player base is still small.

Some would say because it is a game focused on Esports and the applications of it. Then I say no to it because there are plenty of other Esport games which teammates don't want to kill each other. Or maybe it is the combo of Esports and free to play. No clue, but I am trying really hard to understand.

1 comment:

  1. I honestly think this is what we have to look forward to once everything goes free to play. The environment just breeds this type of people and there really is no way of stopping it.

    ReplyDelete