Thursday, November 26, 2015

Not My Turkey Day


So when making this post I am surprised this is only my 4th Not My Turkey Day Rant. So maybe it doesn't both me as much as it should. I know it bothers me less now that I am not raiding in WoW 3+ times a week. I don't have to worry about cancelling a week's worth of raids because you have to prepare to go somewhere one day, go there the next day, eat too much the next, then shop for 4 year old items that you have to line up for hours for, then hear about all the things you lined up for, and then here you bitch about how you bought things you didn't even need.

Yes that really is what this week is all about. Today being the only real day that actually matters, but it turns out it isn't the only day that I am supposed to care about. I am not hating on your family or friends. Hell I am not even hating on having to change my routine. I am hating on the fact that I have to hear about them both endlessly like it is the only thing I care about.

Did you have a good holiday? To me yes is a pefectly acceptable answer. I don't need you to go on and on about every little thing that happened especially if it is holding up my gaming time. I also don't need you to tell me and then be distracted so you fuck up and I almost feel bad for calling you a special kind of stupid.

This is what this week turns into. Something that I have to recognize and pretend to care about more than I should have to because of "reasons". I am not heartless I care that you had a good holiday, but that doesn't mean I need to hear every tiny little detail from every single American person I know like it is the be all end of my existence.

This doesn't happen for any other holiday, which is why it is even more fucked up. Is there something in the turkey that does this? Or maybe it is spending too much time with people you hardly spend time with that makes you want to just let it out and tell everything like you are a girl with a box of wine and some tissues.

Oh yes I cannot wait for it to be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment