You Fail At Not Being Hacked If...
- Your password is the name on your account
- You have ever asked the question "What is a keylogger?"
- You believe anti virus programs are for noobs
- You type in your account name and password into a link you received in an email you thought was from Blizzard
- You told your password to someone over the phone with a foreign accent
- Someone told you they were a GM and you believed them
- You click on links in trade chat from toons with names that resemble "Awjpojfihqwcn"
- You paid someone to power level your toon
- You bought gold
- You bought your account from someone in Nigeria
- Someone named "Blizzardgm" sent you an in game mail telling you that you are going to be part of Cataclysm Beta and you believed them even if you are currently playing Cataclysm.
- You don't recall the last time you changed your password
- You log on WoW frequently from an Internet Cafe
- You share your account information with multiple people some of which you just met yesterday
- You were excited when you heard you were a "lucky player"
That is it for this week's edition of fail. To all those people thinking account security is a serious thing it is, but the easiest prevention is not being a moron. Enjoy your Free Loot Tuesday!