Sunday, August 28, 2011

Ask Gauss

Sunday! I don't know why I am so excited it is Sunday maybe it is because I don't live on the east coast and I am not getting blasted by a huricane. Now I know I just made a little joke about that, but I hope everyone out east is safe and sound. So Sunday means it is Ask Gauss. The post of the week where I decide to put myself on the spot and answer questions. Let me first state about this there is only so many Transmog questions before my head explodes and I actually learn how to pronouce the word correctly. So as I will answer the emails I won't be putting any more put during Ask Gauss, so keep that in mind. Now let's get to this week's questions

I am assunming you took a look at the Darkmoon Faire Preview, what you think of it?

Well when the the Faire first came out I was a big fan of it because you were able to go out and have a little fun with something that really didn't matter to the game as a whole. A mini game that really had minimal rewards, but was still a lot of fun. By giving them their whole island and expanding upon it they are really making the week the faire comes an event. This I like. Also with making items available that have the same models as some now non existant weapons and gear. This will make 4.3 anf its "Fashion" component that much more attainable. Another big thing is it will get players out of the cities, which to me is needed quite badly.

Blizzard needs to get everyone out of the Orgrimmar it is getting really stupid that you never have to leave don't you think?

I completely agree. You can do everything basically once you are capped in the city. Besides go to your raid. You can queue for a dungeon, a BG, and so on and so forth. Blizzard redid the world for leveling but no one ever sees it after they are done leveling. By making everything queuable, which is a great convenience they have killed the world. If you go out and about you are lucky to find 1-2 people in the zone you are in. They need to get people out in the world. I don't mean daily hubs because that just means people are there for that, which is better than nothing I guess. It could be world events in specific zones, could be a hunt for something, a bounty. I really don't know but they need to do something. Even if they put in some world PvP with town objectives to bring back the old school save the lowbies attitude. Whatever they decide they have to realize they need to put it in.

What you think about mounts being Transmogrified?

Really? You need the item to actually modify it. So in the case of the mount you could just ride the mount. Since mounts themselves don't have stats...

So that is it for this week. Hope you all got some information that may be a little insightful or helpful.  For those waiting for it, next week's Reader Post I want to know what you think about the Darkmoon Faire Island. As always you have until Thursday night to get your responses in. Enjoy what is left of your weekend!

2 comments:

  1. agreed I love being able to do so much from one spot, but I grow tired of the surroundings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bounties! yay for top idea. Once a day, or even once a week bounties. 'Bring me the head of...' type quests with mechanics simalar to the old Hunter-only Demon quest chain in vanillia.

    Mini bosses which can only be solo'd, with actual fight mechaincs and VP/JP rewards to get me the hell out of the Zul grind that has became everyones personal hell... A chap can dream.

    ReplyDelete