Sunday, July 31, 2011

Ask Gauss

Sunday is here and as most people would be semi depressed on Sunday because it is the last day of the weekend it is not such a day here. Since tomorrow is the Civic Holiday and all my good Canadian folks have the day off. Being Sunday though it is that time of the week where it is Ask Gauss. The post of the week where I go through some questions I have gotten and answer a few on here. So let's just get to it.

Of the people listed in the ask the Devs question, who are you most interested in to know where they are?

I believe they were referring the this question Where is X? (X = Calia Menethil, Turalyon, Alleria Windrunner, Med'an, Gallywix, etc.). As much as I would love to know what is going on with Turalyon and Alleria there is just part of me that is intrigued by Calia Menethil. This is the heir to the throne of Lordaeron. Her being alive and somewhere could change many things. With the Banshee Queen going almost nuts wouldn't it be something if the true leader of the Kingdom of Lordaeron returned as an undead to rule the Forsaken? Or maybe she will exile herself to Stormwind and befriend Varian, just as the opposite was true when Varian was exiled and befriended Arthas. Only time will tell but this is an arc I am looking forward to.

What encounter do you think was designed with the most epicness in mind?

Now there are many boss fights in WoW which I enjoy because they have gimmicks I liked or put raids to the test. There have been encounters I have hated because even if you do things perfectly you could be screwed over by simple RNG. There is one fight though that had the best balance of everything and a fight of the likes that we will never see again. This is the Illidian encounter. The reason why I don't think we will ever see something like this again is simple. This fight had a 30minute enrage timer. This fight had 5 phases, but not 5 phases where each phase lasted like 15 seconds. This was a long fight that required your raid to have positioning, attention, cohesion, and the ability to trust that everyone could do the specific tasks they had for each phase. Be it slows, novas, AoEs, kiting, healing cooldowns, etc. Everyone had a job during this fight. Yes it was tiring and exhausting taking a part in it when it was in its prime, but it gave satisfaction as well and you were not only proud of yourself, but your group as a whole for doing their part. I really hope they have a marathon encounter again,  but if they didn't do it with Arthas(15min) they I find it very unlikely.

What do you think of the "Hour of Twilight" vision by Ysera?

Topic for another day my friend. But I will give you quite a write up on it.

That is it for this week. Hope you got something you needed out of it. For those waiting for it next week's Reader Post is going to be about your opinion on Calia Menethil and her part to play. As always you have until Thursday night to get your thoughts in. Enjoy what is left of your weekend and if like me and having a long weekend, well I know you will enjoy that.

1 comment:

  1. Since Noz is back I think Calia is the most interesting of the missing. Cannot wait to see what others thing

    ReplyDelete