Sunday, December 18, 2011

Ask Gauss

Sunday! It is that time again. It is as if a week just came and went and it is Sunday again. Well actually that is what happened. Sunday, what does that mean? Well simple it means it is time for Ask Gauss the Day of the week where I sit back choose some questions sent to me throughout the week and answer them. I know it is exciting isn't it! So without making you wait forever with my ranting let's just get to it.

So what are your thoughts on the Korean Guild getting world first Spine of Deathwing?

Well first off a big congrats to Kin Raiders for their achievement. They probably put in countless hours of work and I hope they are proud of their achievement. On what I think about them getting it? Well I think it is great for WoW as a whole. Now this isn't a guild that has came out of no where. They have been top 10 on almost all heroic kills, but regardless of that point this is important. No one wants to see complete dominance from one guild, although I am sure the one doesn't mind. It is not good as a whole when the best is always assumed, and everyone is in the running for second place. Look what happened to golf and Tiger Woods. Now I am sure everyone is saying only reason Paragon didn't get it was because of their temporary ban. This may very well be the case, but you cannot live in a world of what ifs. The more the better, a race is only a race when you don't know who is going to win.

So BattleTags, is this what Real ID was supposed to be?

In one word, yes. Blizzard wanted a way for anyone and everyone to be able to connect themselves across all their games and their forums. They didn't expect when they announced that Real ID would function in this way that so many people would go nuts. Now players will have no issue with giving out their battlenet tag. In fact mine is Gauss #1973. I have no problem giving anyone that. Giving someone your actual identity is a different story. Not just for the purposes that you don't want people to know your name because that is silly. In fact most people that know me in game call me by my real name. The issue was you wouldn't give random people your name just like you wouldn't give someone random on your street your name. So the forums was where Blizzard's dream of Real ID ended. This doesn't mean that Real ID is going anywhere it will just be an extension of the system. I am glad Blizzard will get their vision in their games even if it took longer than they wanted.

What happened to the Reader Post this week?

Well I was busy and had everything together, but wasn't able to complete it. So I will just be extending it to next weeks. Sorry for those looking forward to it.

There you have it, that is it for this week. Hope you got something out of it. One week to Christmas hope you enjoy it!

1 comment: