Friday, December 9, 2011

Your Favourite Easter Eggs

Friday it is. The day of the week that you always look forward to. The day you find yourself staring at the clock wondering when it is going to tick over to quiting time. It is also the day where I hand the post off to all of you. This week I asked all of you to send in your Favourite Easter Eggs in WoW. So sit back and let see what everyone has found.

Some of the best are as follows. The bankers in Stormwind are Olivia, Newton, and John, and my favourite the Wing Commanders in Alterac Valley, Mulverick, Guse, etc.

"Clam Master K" in Borean Tundra makes me laugh all the time. Of course most people have forgotten that the dashboards of the shredders have a tiny display that shows the image of Kerrigan from the old Brood Wars box. Blizzard creates these I think for their older players.

It may be just me because I was a huge fan of the show but the hatch with a plaque reading "4 8 15 16 23 42" you find  in Sholazar Basin is pretty epic.

I am a huge Final Fantasy fan so maybe this isn't an Easter Egg but Aerith Primerose in Dalaran... Flower vendor to me was simply amazing.

In the Borean Tundra, there is a boar, Unliving Swine, that, when he attacks you, can give you Swine Flu. When you are Infected by the Swine Flu attacking has a chance to trigger an outbreak. Maybe it was too soon for the joke, but I thought it was awesome.

What about the ghosts of Lorderon? Thats a real easter egg. A throw back from the days when the city was assaulted and the alliance but up their best defense. In the end of course the city fell. If you have a warlock cast see invisible you can see the ghosts flying around the courtyard just outside the throneroom to Undercity. I loved waiting for people to walk by then cast the spell on them and watch them stop and look around in amazement. Of course if you sit still near the blood stain on the floor where the crown hit the floor and rolled (its near the throne to the entrance to Undercity) you can hear the ghosts of that cutscene replay (audio only) the scene that happened there. Its really wispy and creepy. One of the few places in WoW that can kinda creep you out once you realize it's there and hear it (it's kinda faint and hard to hear).

To me I have always thought Un'Goro was a giant Easter Egg. It's ALL Nintendo land. Mario and Luigi, who make you kill plants. dinosaurs could be yoshi, I believe it is the luigi guy who makes you kill the gorillas, which are donkeykongs, and who could forget Linken....

There you go that is it for this week's edition of the Reader Post. Thank you to everyone who submitted something as always this post would not be possible if you all did not take part. If you are interested in taking part in next week's post look for the topic during Sunday's Ask Gauss. Until then have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I never realized that about Ungoro until I just read it. It really is rather creepy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard that if you bring the Warglaives into the new Well of Eternity instance, Illidan will stop and comment about your curious weapons, and talk about how powerful they are. Which is AWESOME. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed while doing Dragon Soul in LFR that there are two NPC's on the ship where you fight Warmaster Blackhorn. One called "Sky Captain Swayze" (Patrick Swayze) and "Ka'anu Reevs" (Keanu Reeves)

    ReplyDelete