Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Endure and Survive

So last week for the list I went over what I thought were the best movie or television to game conversions. When I was making that last it really got me thinking. You know now there are quite a few games to movie conversions some of them good and some of them not. So if I could pick any game and make it into a movie what would I choose? This sounds a lot easier than I thought when I started to make a list. I had about 30 games which I would love to see made into a movie. I did though lower the amount to my trademark five. So here is the list I came up with. Also there may or may not be spoilers but the games are old enough it shouldn't matter

5. Heavy Rain


The story of Heavy Rain plays out so well and leaves you guessing. It makes you feel for Ethan every step of the way. You want him to find his son no matter the cost. Now if that doesn't scream Hollywood blockbuster don't know what does.

4. Uncharted 2


This game isn't on my short list of greatest games only because of the ganeplay. The story is beautifully done and action packed from start to finish. It has everything a movie could ever want to keep you on the edge of your seat. Unless of course you actually played the game. I have heard they are thinking of making an Uncharted movie so we may actually get to see it one day.   

3. Warcraft: Arthas' Story


There are many stories in the Warcraft universe but I don't think any would convert to film as well as Arthas' story would. From beginning to end it is a story of joy and sadness. A story you cannot help but watch and be drawn to till the very end, and isn't that what a movie is supposed to be?

2. Final Fantasy VIII


There have been 14 different stories created with the name Final Fantasy. So how do I come to choosing this one. Well it isn't the best game and I also don't think it the best overall story, but what I do believe it is the best which would translate into a movie. There are love stories in games as there are movies and I believe you would be hard pressed to find many which have a better one then this game.

1. The Last of Us


The greatest game in my books has the story to back it up. The time everyone fears when you are not only afraid of infection but what others will do to survive. A story of a journey and a struggle to save the world. Truly a masterpiece and which could also make one of the greatest movies ever made.

There it is list all put together. Like I said this was a lot tougher than it seemed and I left off a few games I thought were sure things when I first started writing them down. So what do you all think do you have some you would like to see?

2 comments:

  1. I have always though ff8 would make an amazing movie. Glad someone agrees with me. It really just has that movie feel to it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arthas movie would be great imo. There is so much there such a high fall and really a pretty damn good ending to cap it all off.

    ReplyDelete