Thursday, March 17, 2011

Magatha

There was a very interesting breakfast topic over on WoW.com today talking about questlines that you feel are unfinished and want to find a solution to them. Being a Tauren the Magatha storyline is something that is extremely important. This is the person responsible for the murder of our beloved Carine. If you haven't done the Thousand Needles zone I will warn you now that there are spoilers in this post. You see in the zone you rescue Magatha who appears to have been captured by the Twilights Hammer. You free her because you don't want the Twilights Hammer to use her as an asset in their vile and corrupted ways. The problem is you are played. You "free" Magatha and give recover artifacts which are powerful enough to give Magatha a tremendous amount of power. It is revealed that she is in fact in charge of the Twilight's Hammer in Thousand Needles. It just ends though. What have you created? A raid boss perhaps? Will we see our first ever Tauren Raid boss and will it be Magatha Grimtotem? It is something that I actually hope happens. I will take pride is defeating this Tauren that tried to ruin everything that Cairne tried to accomplish. She will pay and I hope it is soon.

2 comments:

  1. I see this happening in Deathwings instance honestly. She is too important a character to just be wasted in a questline

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was a WOWInsider topic on "moral dilemmas" a few weeks ago. This quest line was definately one filled with a "should I" or "shouldn't I" feeling. I kept wanting to see if Magatha was changed by her experience. I'm assuming this quest line takes place after all she did in "The Shattering". To think I helped her recover power made me angry.

    I will happily obliterate her existence.

    On the plus side, it's nice to see that there are strong female villains in WOW. Magatha is a complex character. It's going to be interesting to see how her story line is carried out.

    ReplyDelete