Friday, March 25, 2011

Why Do You Write About What You Do?

So it is Friday and Friday as always means it is time for the Reader Post. This week's Reader Post topic was an interesting one because I asked my fellow bloggers past and present what it was that made them decide what to write about. I have always found the WoW Blog community an interesting one and it also appears Blizzard thinks the same since now much of their community updates if not all of them come from blogs. So what did get all these Bloggers started? Well let's find out.

I knew for awhile that I wanted to start a WoW blog, but I wasn't 100% on what I should do it on. I thought there were 100s of blogs about shaman and about healing and I just couldn't bring myself to just be another blogger doing the same old same thing. So I came up with the idea of just writing it as if it was the story of my toon. Sure it isn't the most popular blog, but I enjoy writing it and those that read it I hope enjoy it as well.

I like taking screenshots and always have, and just like they say a "picture is worth a thousand words" so is a screenshot. So everyday I take a screenshot and explain a little story behind it. I have noticed that readers always want to know where I took it and want to know more of the story behind it. I will always keep doing it even if no one reads because many years from now I can look back and know exactly how I was spending some of my free time.

Gold! I love gold and the challenge of making it. The fact was when I gold capped myself I didn't know what to do from then on. So I decided to share the things I had learned with everyone else out there. Not everyone who makes gold camps the Auction House 24/7 and I was there to prove it. I also found out by joining the community there were so many others like me who wanted to share what they have learned. It has been great fun and I will keep doing it as long as the market doesn't crash and I lose everything.

Roleplaying was the only real choice for me because it is what I play this game for. Gear comes and goes, but the Lore of WoW is always there. Even if sometimes it seems Blizzard pulls something out of no where to show us about this and that. I will be forever immersed in the Lore that is Warcraft and I wanted to let my creative juices flow and maybe entertain some readers at the same time.

In all honesty I have changed the focus of my blog several times. I have gone from talking about hunters, to DPS, to hating hunters, to raiding, back to hating hunters, to hating Blizzard for making hunters, to random exploits, back to more hunter hate, and finally today on DPS theorycrafting. So it has been a great ride and I am sure there will be a time when I will love hunters again, but that will probably be when they are removed from the game and I have nothing to hate anymore.

So there you have it. The end of this week's Reader Post. For all who are interested I started writing because I one day I was talking randomly in trade and guild chat when many people just kept telling me I should write some of this stuff down. So I did. This is probably why I really don't have a topic I just randomly talk about WoW in my own way, but it has worked and I will keep doing it.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

1 comment: