Thursday, July 29, 2010

85% Effort

Something that has angered me a lot lately is raiders attitude that things will just get done themselves, and therefore lack of effort. I don't know if this is the end of a expansion type of attitude or what. What I am getting at is hard modes are in fact different than normal encounters. Obviously they are hard modes right? The problem with the current design is many people have done the normal mode so many times that seeing the same boss they just do the same things. Which in the past this didn't seem to be much of a problem. To get people to switch, stop, move etc. Now there are people, different ones each night, that seem to be letting things slide. Not preforming how they should or can be in order to get that next hard mode boss down.

You see I know after killing the Lich King people have this sense of accomplishment, which to me is the problem that didn't exist in previous tiers. It is of course called Wrath of the Lich King. So the "I'm done" attitude seems to exist. Raiders I guess are not trying as hard every night, I don't know exactly. To me I guess the only way to have fixed this would have been to have hard modes available from the get go. Then the boss wouldn't have been done on normal so many times in the first place.

The problems that happen when people take this attitude is the ones doing what they can that night take offense. Of course, they should they want to be successful and don't want so and so to ruin it for them. I guess this would be a problem for guilds who are even just doing the same bosses every night with no luck pushing new stuff. Same old stuff just gets boring I guess.

Maybe cutting raiding back a day or two might get people more fresh, but who knows. Anyone else see this going around and wondering what to do about it?

2 comments:

  1. Trust me I hear you loud and clear with this sort of crap going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. End of the expansion? Usual summer doldrums? We had problems putting 10 people into Naxx in summer 2008 when it was "fresh and new" because of vacations. They all happened to fall within a 30-day period. We could never get more than 7 people on at one time. So, I don't know if that's the way it is now, compounded with the end of Wrath, Starcraft out (How's that going for you, by the way?) and the fact that pretty much any person who can walk upright can get into a Lich King pug, even huntards, deathtards and facerollers.

    I don't have any concrete suggestions for motivating people, particularly if you're running the 25 man content. I'm struggling with the people who refuse to fly to a location because we can summon. I can't replace them in a raid because we need them, but I am so close to bagging raids because a few people won't make the effort to fly and insist upon being summoned.

    I'm hoping that the Cata guild rewards will help snuff out some lacksidasical behavior but that's a ways off.

    ReplyDelete