Friday, November 29, 2013
Here we are with another Friday bringing about another Reader Post. I didn't get too many submissions this week I have a feeling this has to do with the holiday down to the south of me, but no matter. If you are not sure how to send in your post just send me an Email at email@example.com and I will have a look at it. We will talk about it and go from there. Now on the subject of this week's post. Warlord's of Draenor and those complaining about it. Rye did something up firing back at all those critizing it. So here it is.
To set the record straight I am gonna do my best to tackle as much topics as possible and set the record straight from deluded people complaining about WoD with next to zero justification.
1. So little Dungeons/BC had double at release/Boohoo Blizzard is lazy - This is an actual quote from Blizzard ''We’re also planning our content schedule to include additional max-level Heroic dungeons beyond the initial expansion release. One thing we heard from players during Mists of Pandaria was that they missed having new dungeon content later in the expansion, and our plan is to get back to that and adding new dungeon content beyond the initial expansion release.''
So there's going to be more Dungeon releases after the initial launch.. Blizzard also stated there's going to be many scenarios to bridge the gap between dungeons. Were also getting 2 raids with 18 bosses, and getting World Bosses on top of that. Also BC dungeons were in sets 3 sharing the same general skins/layout/theme like Shattered Halls/Hellfire/Blood Furnace, the ones in WoD will all be completely unique.
2. ''Still promoting mindless grind and milking time to increase game longevity'' - Longevity is exactly what you want in a game for one, do you think it's a better business model to make it short as possible? No, of course not. This is by a far better design then it is currently, it allows people that aren't concerned with having absolutely everything BIS gear to equip there characters faster by making gear more universal and adapt to your specialization.
And allows people that do care about that to do so, which offers more uniqueness and complexity. The gear will feel much more rewarding and special.
3. No new class or race *tear* - Some people complaining about no new class are the same people complaining about how unbalanced the game is. Have to take into consideration the new spells every class will be getting from 90 to 100 and the new talents...Also every time they add a new class it has more and more of a multiplier (X2 X4 X8 X16 etc) and it's that much harder to balance and streamline. If 2 to 4 more classes were introduced it would be completely out of hand and basically impossible to balance to the quality of Blizzard. And with character remodels your existing classes are gonna feel brand new and fresh. All the spell animations are going to be different also to work with the remodels.
4. Going back in the past, has no impact on are current timeline *sniffle* - The story of Gul'dan his betrayal and the first Lich King Ner'zhul....The drinking of the Demon's blood...When the Burning Legion first started wrecking havoc on Azeroth. Doesn't get any more exciting and bad ass then that...Not to mention the Pit Lord Mannoroth which will likely be the end boss or one of them..Also Kil'jaeden and Archimonde making a appearance is highly likely. Also a time when the Horde and Alliance were truly enemy's. This has been something that's been missing from the game since basically Burning Crusade heavy lore and at it's roots. And is a completely new/fresh approach and idea, instead of the classic same old scenario we saw in Burning Crusade, Lich King and Cataclysm. We get to go to a time when things were primitive, raw and filled with danger adding a lot more elites and harder mobs to combat with.
5. It's a rehash/remade Outland Blizz lazy! - Blizzard said it was built from the ground up, and your basing your opinion on 5 pictures of concept art and a 1 minute clip of pre beta footage that didn't show even 1% of the continent as a whole. The very little we did get to see looked fantastic.
6. No Flying - Flying takes away quality of game play plain and simple can sit there crossing your arms kicking your feet all you want, it allows you to bypass mechanics, mobs, situations all for convenience and the easy button..We live in the age of convenience people want things faster and faster and more easy. That translates badly into a MMO.. Please blizzard just give me a instant 100 button because i don't care for the content i know near nothing about yet, and i should also always be able to fly because 2 years ago i paid $5k to fly. If you truly feel this way, it's time to quit the game obviously all the magic is gone for you.
Even if you make a full effort not to increase your interaction with other players, one thing you can't control and will happen is you being emerged into the environment when it's at it's most importance (Launch of a new expansion).
Sure there's other things people are crying about, but isn't there always.
Thanks Rye for the post and have a great weekend everyone!