Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Clowns

Now unless you know exactly what I am referring to that title is probably a little weird. If you do understand it I know you are saying it in just the right voice. Last week I showed you what I believe to be the worst endings ever in video games. I know a lot of you had differing opinions and that's great, but your opinion isn't mine. When I do these lists there are my musts which pop into my head and I go from there. This week's list though was actually very difficult I actually struggled to pick my top 5, but I am pretty happy with my choices and I know there will be plenty of people to argue against me, but here goes my Best Endings ever. Also let's not be stupid there are obvious spoilers in this post.

5. Red Dead Redemption



When Red Dead Redemption's ending is number 5 on the list you know there has to be some pretty amazing endings out there. This is a mixture of love, honor, loyalty, and everything else there possibly could be. It truly is a work of art and played out beautifully. Even if you never played the game this is an ending where you truly feel for the characters.

4. Uncharted 3



Based upon the title of the blog today you might have thought I would have gone with Uncharted 2. It does have quite an amazing ending, but I really couldn't put in on the list and feel right. Uncharted 3's ending though is special. The game started showing where Nathan came from and ended with him not only being some else but being what was always envisioned.

3. Kingdom Hearts



I am sure Kingdom Hearts ending is #1 in many people's books and you really would be hard pressed to argue against it. The game was scripted beautifully and the ending was no different. A tear jerker for sure and one you can watch again and again and it will never get old.

2. Assassin's Creed Revelations



Again I am sure this is many people's #1 and it was almost mine as well. Realizing what the life of an assassin truly is. This is not only the end of Ezio's life as an assassin but it also gives us the realization of what is to come for the world. It  is an ending which gives up saddness, hope, and the realization that there is much more to do.

1. Final Fantasy X



What makes a good ending? A story of love? A story of sacrifice? Or a realization of what it means to be alive? The answer would be all of those and more. Final Fantasy X will break your heart and make you scream at your screen WHY. It will also make you appreciate what you have and what time you have left. It took me time to come to this, but really there is none better deserving of the words The End.

There you have it my top 5 endings in video games. I know there are lots missing many of them great, but I am happy with my choices as always though let me know yours one way or another.

4 comments:

  1. You were right I had the thought to criticize you before I even finished this because you left out kingdom hearts 2. Final Fantasy 7. Chrono Cross, Heavy Rain, The Walking Dead, Starcraft and Starcraft Brood War and even WOW:TBC. Then I realized that this was pretty much impossible to decide but looking at your list you may have gotten it pretty right

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Red Dead ending killed me. Don't think I have ever been such a sob story over a game before in my life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad X-2 ruined X's perfect ending though

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never thought I would ever seen a better ending when Kingdom Hearts ended. It was perfect in every respect. I cannot speak for Final Fantasy X because I have never played but I completely agree with Revelations. The game itself doesn't get a lot of the credit it deserves. The game really is one of the best I have ever played and I rank it up there with The Last of Us. The ending is just a marvel. Ezio was loved before this game but I truly believe Revelations is the reason he will always be remembered.

    ReplyDelete