Thursday, October 31, 2013

Yo Ho Ho



Now before I go on and talk about my time in Black Flag thus far. This isn't going to contain any story spoilers. Not only because I don't normally do that sort of thing but also because I promised Khulk I wouldn't. He is doing what I couldn't and that is wait for his PS4. Speaking of the PS4 apparently I can get a digital upgrade for only $10 which is pretty sweet if you ask me. So if you were one of those thinking but still wanted to see it work on the PS4 have that in the back of your mind.

Anyways the game. For Assassin's Creed fans it is a typically Assassin's Creed game. You find Templars, you stalk them and you kill them. They have continued on the crafting route from AC3, but have made your ship part of the experience. You can upgrade you hull, guns, sails, and even the look of your ship. The world is also entirely open so feel free to sail to your hearts content and be the pirate you were meant to be.

Part of the reason some disliked AC3 was because Connor wasn't nearly as interesting character as Ezio was. Not that Connor was bad, but look what he had to follow. I compare it to Cloud and Squall in Final Fantasy he had a lot to live up to, and no matter what people weren't going to be happy. Edward is more of a free spirit like Ezio was. If Ezio were to live as a pirate I think he would be pretty close to Edward. So he has that going for him.

The combat is just as fluid as it was in AC3 which I am glad they kept it that way. One thing I have noticed is I believe they are expecting this to be the first Assassin's Creed game some have play or at least one for some in awhile. There are tutorial sections which many vets will think are rather useless and realize they were already doing those things. So you may find yourself ignoring them. I really think that this is to the whole PS4 audience which will inevitably be having their own pirate's life soon enough.

What can I say besides the fact I really like the game. Story is great so far and it is an Assassin's Creed game. For those waiting for PS4 I can tell you it already looks great on the PS3 so I can only imagine what the future will bring.

Have a Happy Halloween everyone!

3 comments:

  1. I am enjoying it thus far. I really like how the sea is basically how towns worked before simple change but a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it weird how there are so many people swimming in the ocean that you just pickup and they are completely happy joining your crew because of it

    ReplyDelete
  3. 16 more days... I hate waiting.
    ~Khul

    ReplyDelete