5. Brothers. Sisters. The whole city rises against us while Yusuf's murderer waits and watches from the arsenal. Laughing. Fight with me, and show him what it means to cross the Assassins.
-Ezio Auditore da Firenze
Assassin's Creed Revelations
This speech is short and follows Ezio giving Yusuf his last rights. You are crushed seeing Yusuf die defending what he believed in. You just want to get up and fight with Ezio.
4. But despite that she chose to live again... So she could be with you! I only ever knew the one Yeul. But that was enough. She was smiling when she died. She believed in the future. She knew we'd meet again. Think Caius, think. Was it really a curse. Was it forced on her by Etro? Do you really think Yeul wanted to die, and not come back? Of course not. Yeul wanted to come back. Every time she died in your arms, she wanted to come back. She knew her life would be short. She knew! Because she wanted to see you! Again and again without end!
Final Fantasy XIII-2
This speech makes you believe in everything you were fighting for the entire game. You had a purpose. You mattered. Despite what followed this speech it was still was heart felt and gave you everything it was supposed to. You can make a difference no matter how small it may seem.
3. I hear you Tychus. But if I was bankin' everything on that, I'd be quit already. 'Cause here we are in the mouth of hell. And we made it this far, by leanin' on each other. That thing may be the key to stopping the Queen of Blades, but it's our sweat and blood that'll make it happen. After everything we've been through, past all the fire and fury, the one thing I know, is that we can count on each other...to get the job done. Or die trying. If that's what it takes, because some things are just worth fighting for.
Starcraft II Wings of Liberty
This speech and this cutscene itself is one of my favourite in any game I have ever played, in addition to this being a tribute to Koiter. Raynor speaks in such a way that you want to sit and listen. You want to fight for him because what he says rings true. You are the good guys and I know some hate this moment becasue they say it seems forced, but it isn't. it is true they actually were in the mouth of hell. fought through everything which came at them. If you played the game on brutal difficulty it even feels exactly like that. It was hard to place this one at number 3, but the next 2 are just on another level.
2. The Forsaken think we're weak, a broken people. They think we'll roll over like a scared dog... how wrong they are. We will fight them in the fields until the last trench collapses and the last cannon is silenced. We will fight them on the streets until the last shot is fired, and when there is no more ammunition, we'll crush their skulls with the stones that pave our city. We will fight them in the alleys until our knuckles are skinned and bloodied, and our rapiers lay on the ground, shattered. And if we find ourselves surrounded and disarmed, wounded and without hope; we will lift our heads in defiance and spit in their faces. But we will never surrender! FOR GILNEAS!
-Prince Liam Greymane
World of Warcraft
This moment in WoW could almost be a movie all in itself. It has that feel that epicness that you dream about. There are countless great speeches in WoW, but none of them come close to this and I despise The Alliance. If you wanted to fight for Raynor you want to die for Liam he exemplifies what honor and patriotism is. He believes in his people and wants them to believe in themselves just as much as he does. If you don't get chills during this speech then I really don't know what to say.
and that leaves us with...
1. People... Twenty-two years ago. I stood where I stand now- and watched my loved ones die betrayed by those I had called my friends. Vengeance clouded my mind. It would have consumed me were it not for the wisdom of a few strangers , who taught me to look past my instincts. They preached answers, but guided me to learn from myself. We don't need anyone to tell us what to do; not Savonarola, not the Medici. We are free to follow our own path. There are those who will take that freedom from us, and too many of you gladly give it But it is our ability to choose whatever you think is true, that makes us human. There is no book or teacher to give you the answers to show you the path. Choose your own way! Do not follow me, or anyone else.
Ezio Auditore da Firenze
Assassin's Creed II
Now the reason this speech is beyond my favourite is that its context is not just game related. These are words to live by in any age and not just for the 1500s. Your freedom is not something you should take for granted. It is something to be appreciated. Being a follower never taught anyone anything you have to be yourself and live your life your way and not the way someone else wants you to. I listen to this speech often just to remind myself of this.
There you have it my top 5 motivational speeches, hope you enjoyed agreed or disagree.