Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Tale of Two Guilds

For those of you who don't know I am the Guild Master and the Raid Leader of my guild, Three Score. Although I find it hard to believe that you read my blog and don't know this, but that is beside the point. Anyways, once a month I am not on for a raid and to deal with general guild stuff. Now I have officers that I trust, and no doubt in their abilities to take care of things for a night. Sometimes when I am gone things go perfectly everyone shows up and does their thing without a hitch. Other times things happen like last night. People find a way to pick a fight over the stupid and most retarded things possible. Things they would never think about doing if I was around.

Now this gets me thinking. Do they not do these things because they respect me, because they are scared, or just the need to be an asshat when I am not there. Now if they are scared that is really not what I want my guild members to think towards me. Now if they respect me I would think they should respect those I put in charge when I am not there. I have been doing this for a long time, but honestly need a way to break this substitute teacher attitude that comes out.

Maybe it is sort of an accomplishment that I am everybody's glue. I don't expect anyone to be me when I am not there, but I do expect people to act the same as they do when I am. I am also curious if this is an isolated thing with my guild or if it is something which happens all around. Is it actually that it is a Tale of Two Guilds.

4 comments:

  1. I can tell you are a very dominant guy. Maybe it is people grab at power when you are gone. I can see this happening all the time to any guild that has someone like yourself at the top

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty sure it is that way everywhere

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, same in my guild. I'm not in a run and people try all kinds of things they wouldn't dream of pulling when I'm there. What amazes me is that somehow they seem to think I won't find out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being a former guildie of yours I can tell you this. When you were not around things didn't feel normal and just not as fun. When Karmic was at the wheel, things were tense, raids sucked, people had poor attitudes. You two are like night and day. You are the light. People just feel comfortable when you are around. And terror when Karmic was around.

    Formerly

    ReplyDelete