Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Win Your Guild Beta Keys

So if you haven't heard there is a contest. You can read about it here. It comes down to this: you write a short essay of why your guild should be in the Cataclysm Beta. Now this is an interesting idea and I like it. The thing is though, when you do something like this you are going to have to set yourself apart. Let me explain. These will be some of the things many people will write about:
  • I have played the game since the beginning
  • We have all played together a long time through good times and bad
  • None of us have never been apart of a beta
  • I think Warcraft is awesome
  • We all play everyday non stop and would be great testers

If Blizzard removes all the entries that said something dealing with one of those 5 topics then they would probably removed at least 75% of all the entries. So my advice is to write about what makes your guild special compared to others. What sets you apart? Basically give Blizzard a reason to pick you. Don't follow the crowd, do your own thing. When I write mine for my guild I will be sure to share it with you all to show you what I am talking about. Of course I don't want to give anything away, because then my idea wouldn't be too original, would it?

So good luck to you all because you will be competing against myself. Reminder, that tomorrow night is the last day to get in your submissions for your favourite settlement in the game and why. I look forward to reading some more of them.

3 comments:

  1. Oh it is on isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only imagine what Gauss would write about...

    -Boggle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought about submitting, "Pick us cuz we haz a kewel tabard, 6 bank slots and Vent".

    --Gimmlette

    ReplyDelete