Saturday, December 5, 2009

Former Guildmates

So yesterday I was encountered in trade by a couple of former guildmates. Some which had some wonderful things to say about myself and my guild. I decided to form today's topic as a basis from that. Over the years many people have left Three Score for a variety of reasons. Some because they couldn't play anymore, some because they had issues with myself, some because they thought they could do better, some because they had issues with someone in the guild, and some I kicked because well they were awful. The main thing is Three Score is here and isn't going anywhere. We are in our 5th year still killing bosses as we always do. Say what you want not many guilds have stood the test of time like Three Score has.

The people in trade yesterday were of the "They were awful", and "think they could do better". Let me first tackle the "They were awful". As a guild leader you have to tackle many things. You have to have an attitude that you want the guild to succeed and the more you work at it you can achieve the success you want. The thing is some players are just bad. No matter how you try to help them maybe they just aren't ready or never will be ready. You are not knocking at the person or maybe you are, but you can't be friends with everyone. It is obvious that people will have issues if they are kicked because you had issues with their play. They will also either a)live with it, or try to improve, or b)blame it on you, and hate you and your guild for the rest of their wow career, Surprisingly option b) doesn't happen as often as you think.

This brings me to "think they could do better". Three Score has been around for a long time. I boast that 4 times people think they could have done better and outlive what we have done. All 4 times the other guild crumbled into nothing might have and short lived success, but in the end was gone. Does this make me feel good? Not really. I don't want people to have a shitty game experience. Does it make me feel good about my guild? It does. There is nothing better than knowing my guild and the people within it can get through tough times and still be around to kill bosses. The same vision I had when the guild was originally created.

One thing that is great is how old members come back after either not playing, or maybe even ask to come back when they left. What is always common when they come back is the words "I am home". They know Three Score is their home.
.
To the haters I have the perfect screen for you...

8 comments:

  1. Three Score is a guild you should be proud of Gauss. You have done great work with it and I know you will continue to.

    -Boggle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gratz Gauss on standing the test of time.

    I don't know how it is horde side but ally side, we have new guilds popping up 4-5 a week. I should have started a list when I formed Spectacular Death, just to see if those forming when I formed are still here.

    I had one ex-guildie start a guild just to spite me. It collapsed within a week. Although I admit to a good hearty laugh, it doesn't do the gaming experience any good, as you pointed out, when a guild is formed out of spite. SD gets dissed in Trade Chat occasionally, but I know there are a lot of people who like us, like what we do and they tend to jump all over someone denigrating us in chat. Also, I'll be damned if I'll let someone in the guild tarnish the reputation I've worked hard to create.

    I'm curious how you handle the person who leaves on not so good terms and then realizes how good they had it in your guild who wants to come back. Maybe you kicked them or maybe they left without comment in the middle of the night or left with drama. They get out into the guild world and realize, "Dang. Three Score was great. Wonder if Gauss will take me back?" What do you do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL at the pic. The most fun I ever had in the this game has been when I have been doing stuff with you Gauss. I have never had the pleasure of being in your guild although if I ever had a chance at it I would be right there trying. When I see Three Score members I look at them like then have earned it and I know they really are a great player. People may say things Gauss, but honestly those who listen know the actual truth.

    ~Blackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im pretty happy I moved over to Llane. And glad, to have joined a great guild.

    -Daro

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Gimm you said something I will stand up for my guild and my guildmates no matter what. People have their opinions about me, and I realize I may never change them, but I will not stand for people trying to mess with my guild I have worked so hard at over the years.

    In regards to returning members I think of it this way. Everyone in most cases can make a mistake. It could have been ill advised or maybe they just weren't thinking clearly at the time. I am not saying I have always invited people back who left, because I haven't. Some people caused drama or flat out lied to me and that I cannot accept. So to answer your question directly I guess it depends on exactly what happened and how long ago. I also have to read how the guild would feel about it, because I don't want to offend the people who have always been there. Hope that answers the question.

    Also your guild is something I can respect. Doing old content so everyone gets to see it. It is mostly the reason I run the old content on Saturday nights, because I got to expierence it when it was new but regardless it is still something in this game to expierence. Besides everyone loves to hear me on vent... Keep doing what your doing. Having the pride you do in your guild is a great asset and it will make sure you always do what needs to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Facts to live by and reasons to feel better about yourself.

    1. Rok is a tool.
    2. Beasty is a tool.
    3. Were still raiding while they hopelessly hop from guild to guild, falling into the fail a little bit more each time.
    4. I'm in a guild that each day I can log on and say I'm proud to be in, and know that I'm not gonna have Gauss or another guildie making the guild and themselves look like a complete ass out in trade.
    5. We've filtered out that group of people that sit in another channel talking shit on their teammates all day.
    6. Finally, rok and beasty are tools. Deserved to be stated twice.
    -Kush-

    ReplyDelete
  7. My friend gauss,

    Your guild kicks the shit out of anyones. And it is hard to be a guild leader and youve been around forever. Congrats, ill have a stein of mead for ya, Death to the Living!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have great appreciation for your guild(I wish I could be in it). I think you do a very good job running it and will go on doing so. Good Luck in all that Three Score does.

    ReplyDelete