Wednesday, December 9, 2009

My Patch Day

So the servers got up early yesterday, which is good because I didn't particularly like getting my ass handed to me at battleship. Anyways, it seemed right after the trailer came up.(I'll link the trailer at the end) the servers came up.

Surprisingly things were pretty stable, for a patch day. I could get flasks and such out of the bank without much of a problem. Although, my bag mod was bugged and I had to find a new one. Let's just say with all the crap I have in my bags I need a One Bag mod.

So the plan was to raid Icecrown Citadel at 8pm and with 30+ people online I had of course the joy of telling people they wouldn't be getting in. We got in without trouble and I won't give away the lore because if someone did that to me it would piss me off, but there is an event so pay attention and get people to shut up over vent and such if you like the stuff like I do.

The best part about the night was seeing that this instance has brought back real trash. Crowd control you say? Although the mammoth skellies with 5,000,000+ HP randomly coming to life was quite amusing and created a bit a of chaos. Our priests were also happy since shackle finally has a use again. In addition people will learn quickly that the adds cleave. Go go melee deaths. I was like Tempest Keep all over again(insert merely a setback joke here).

So we cleared the trash and came up to the first boss Lord Marrowgar


He is a mixture between Leo the Blind, Archimonde, and the Lynnx boss from ZA. Was a lot of fun and as you can see just from the shot the looks on him are pretty awesome. Not difficult as long as people pay attention and are not retarded. So this probably isn't a pug friendly fight. We got him in 3 pulls, but everyone knows the first one doesn't count. At least when we kill this first boss on a patch day it was nice the server didn't crash and we could actually get our loot. Yay for Flame Leviathan. We didn't try the second boss because we didn't have the make up I wanted(wtb holy pally), but I am sure that there will be plenty of fun and exciting stories to come from this instance from this point on.

So then I wanted to try the new 5 mans, but Blizzard basically told me to kiss their ass since they wouldn't let me in. So I went to Naxx(yes I said Naxx) to do the raid weekly. Apparently a tank on trash there now is optional. 5,000,000 HP trash to 100,000 HP trash. Apparently I still can't tank Razuvious well at least with 1 healer.

Finally I decided to try this cross server pug thing, because frankly everyone deserves the pleasure of my company at least once. This actually went pretty well since they seemed to up with my random ranting with much humor. I guess I could advertise my blog during these pugs. But then there would be more people to bitch and complain about me...I can see it now, it will be awesome.

Anyways, that was my patch day. Hope yours was just as eventful. Feel free to write me about yours. Remember tomorrow night is the last day to get your mount screenshots in, so if you want to be included don't send them in too late! Oh ya the trailer for Fail of the Lich King


3 comments:

  1. Mine was a little less eventful, but I at least got to do the new 5 mans. I really like the trailer how they are keeping to the whole father son thing which started in the Wrath Trailer.

    -Boggle

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the trailer its sweet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow the trash in there has that much hp that is nuts.

    ~Blackie

    ReplyDelete