Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Deadline Day

So today is NHL Trade Deadline day and as always when days such as these are going on I think of ways to related them to WoW in some messed up way. So for those of you who have no clue what trade deadline day is I will explain. There is a set point in the season where no more trades can happen. Players are traded from team to team to help for the push for the playoffs or if teams are out of it they unload salary and start preparing for next year.

So what I was thinking if this was done in WoW in some way between guilds it would be rather amusing. Have all the breaking news back and forth with people swapping. Sweet we got a new mage! But the best would be when you can make jokes instead of someone being traded for a bag of pucks we can make jokes of people being trade for a stack of fish feasts, or sure I will only take him if you include that frost lotus and pay for my repairs for a week.

Then again this would just be insane to have to deal with and would give GMs of guild way too much power. Not that it wouldn't be funny. "So I have the bad news to tell you you're going to ". The nerd rage that would follow would be pretty awesome. But the not so needed drama would be something I would hate to deal with even if the excitement just like in the NHL when a new player arrives is pretty awesome.

Oh well there is my take on Deadline Day WoW style.

2 comments:

  1. trades would be fun and crazy, but then people wouldn't have control so bad.

    -Boggle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! We GL's could meet in a room in Dalaran's sewers.

    "I'll give you 20 frozen orbs, 20 frost lotus, 4 King's Amber and 10 Icescale Armor kits. NOW will you take that ret pally?"

    --Gimmlette

    ReplyDelete