Saturday, August 17, 2013

A Gamers Dedication

Gauss & Safiree
Mostly Epic Saturday's

Hello all, as always hope your week was an easy one. Mine was quite different than usual, but good. This week, I wanted to dedicate a post to a very sweet woman, one who was brave enough to do what most girl gamers have trouble with one time or another, is no longer a hindrance. I don't want to take from what I was sent because I feel it is perfect enough in itself.

" I just wanted to share my experience as a female gamer. For years I played WoW without telling anyone in my guild I was a girl. I didn't want them to treat me differently or say that I was "good for a girl".  I wanted to just be a player like everyone else. Sure there were other girls in the guild and all the power to them but I could tell some of them used the fact they were girls to get some of the guys to do things for them. I would always be on vent listening and I always felt like I wasn't really a part of the guild because no one knew who I was. They assumed I was a guy and I let them. This went on for over 2 years and 2 expansions until I decided when wrath was coming out that I was going to let everyone know. 

It was the first day after the launch and so many people were on vent because there where leveling groups I hopped in one of the channels and after 5 to 10 minutes of starting to talk and then not taking I finally just let it out. "So what we doing next guys" This was followed by quite a few "who is that?" comments until I said this is "Jewelsee" and everyone was like "You're a girl" guild chat couldn't believe it. Everyone was saying how did we not know did you just get a mic. I just kept saying I didn't want to be treated any differently because I was. I wanted to be like everyone else. 

I know it's silly and stupid and I felt like I was being dishonest but in the end I don't think it mattered as much as I thought it would. I was just myself and they respected that. Sure I could have exploited the fact but I chose not to and I think I really could have done that from the start. So thats my story don't know if you feel the same or have a similar story. Either way you are an inspiration and I wanted you to know that."

Julia 

Thank you for sending Jewelsee, it made my day reading that.
-Safiree

3 comments:

  1. Thanks! That is really sweet of you. I didn't know where to send it so I sent it to Gauss. Hope that was alright. From now one I know where to sent send though :) I think you are an inspiration you seem willing to talk about anything and be yourself so don't think any less of yourself ever

    ReplyDelete
  2. QED as in quod erat demonstrandum? Are you a mathematician as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol absolutely not. Been around Gauss for a while XD

      Delete