Friday, August 9, 2013

Keyboard Turning

So here we are on Friday the end of the week and the day of the week where I hand the post away to one of the readers. If you don't know it is pretty simple. Email me a post about any topic gaming related. It can have something to do with me or it might not. Could be a story or a rant and just send it my way via email. If you don't know where the email link is it is the top right or if you are blind. Gaussafication@gmail.com 

Now that that is out of the way. This week I had a submission from David aka Crockniel about keyboard turning so how could I resist so here it is.

I must say for awhile I heard your rantings and ravings about how bad keybaord turning was. To be honest I thought you were just being an elitist ass so I didn't pay much mind to it. I kept doing it because it was the way I had always played and I wasn't about to change. I could do everything other people were doing completely fine. As time went on you didn't stop, but I started to pay more and more attention to it. 

Then you had that post I don't know when on things you could do to stop keyboard turning. It was unbinding your "a" and "d" keys until  you got out of the habit and started using your mouse. I figured I would try it out and basically disprove the fact you are a better player if you don't keyboard turn. Well after days of cursing you with deaths resulting in me not being able to turn around I finally broke the habit. Now I didn't notice too much of a difference in raiding, but I was quicker and got out of things easier even if I didn't die to them previously. The biggest difference I noticed was in PvP because players have learned as I noticed to exploit those who keyboard turn by running around them and causing them to shuffle. So even if at the start I wasn't a believer I want to thank  you for breaking my habit and making me a better player as a result of my noobish habits.

Dave(Crockniel)

So there you have it. Thanks to Crockniel for the post and everyone else's submissions. Keep sending them in always a good read. In honor of Crockniel though I will leave you all with this picture.



3 comments:

  1. I dont understand how people keyboard turn or why they think it is ok. At least they learned the error of their ways

    ReplyDelete