Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pre Death Release

So here we are once again on a wonderful Wednesday morning here to see what I will be listing today. Ya about that that I need a name for Wednesday's list and the best I could come up with is Wist Wednesday. So if you have an idea let me know and of course I will give you credit for it. About this week's list though I was thinking about what some of our favourite or not so favourite characters went on and on about before they died. So yes they are speeches or letters or rants, but they are just pre-death release for them. So hence the name. So here is my top 5

5. Daelin Proudmoore - Warcraft III

"Can your blood atone for genocide, orc? Your Horde killed countless innocents with its rampage across Stormwind and Lordaeron. Do you really think you can just sweep all that away and cast aside your guilt so easily? No, your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you." 

Blizzard is always great at writing speeches. Daelin death really mark the end of everything which the second war was. This gave a chance for the orcs to be their own people. This speech obviously was foreshadowing what Rexxar was about to do, but it was what it represented to the lore.

4. Caius Ballad - Final Fantasy XIII-2

"Noel, you told me Yeul is reborn because of me. Then I have to die. We must free Yeul. Kill me you are the only one who can end this eternal torment. Lightning is dead I killed her with my own hands. Will you allow me to go unpunished. In  Valhalla time does not flow as it should. Long before our battle here, I already faced her. Now she sleeps, never to wake. Things that shall happen in your future have already been decided in my own past. I know how it begins and ends. Noel born at the end of days you understand the true value of life. But know this you will kill me Noel. Impressive. He can change must choose between who dies and who lives you must bare the burden of the eternal paradox!"

As far as Epic goes it doesn't get much better than this. Not only that Caius got exactly what he wanted in the end. When the bad guy wins it is epic in the first place, but when the bad guy wins by getting someone to kill him then that is just on a whole new level.

3. Zack Fair - Crisis Core

"For the both of us. That's right you're gonna..you're gonna. Live. You will be my living legacy. My honor...my dreams. They are yours now."

Maybe a death which caused which created argueably the greatest hero video games has ever seen. The magnitude of that had in itself had to ensure this moment was something special, adn they didn't even come close to doing that.

2. Kael'Thas Sunstrider - World of Warcraft

Don't look so smug! I know what you're thinking, but Tempest Keep was merely a set back. Did you honestly believe I would trust the future to some blind, half-night elf mongrel? Hahahaha... Oh no, no, no, he was merely an instrument, a stepping stone to a much larger plan! It has all led to this...and this time, you will not interfere! My demise accomplishes nothing! The master will have you! You will drown in your own blood! The world shall burn! Aaaghh!

Kael was a chartacter which fell so far. He is someone who everyone loved or hated. He is iconic in the Warcraft. His death was a moment you always remember the first time it happened. There is no way this list or any like it could exist without having Kael on it.

1. Ezio Auditore 



When I was a young man, I had liberty, but I did not see it...I had time, but I did not know it...and I had love, but I did not feel it. Many decades would pass before I understood the meaning of all three...And now, in the twilight of my life, this understanding has passed into contentment. Love, liberty, and time - once so disposable are the fuels that drive me forward, and love was especially mia caro...For you, our children, our brothers and sisters, and for the vast and wonderful world that gave us life and keeps us guessing. Endless affection, mia Sophia.

Forever yours,
Ezio Auditore

You knew he had to die, but not like that and then the letter well it came close to the impact Christina's death did. Ezio one of the best characters ever still managed to have a death as an old man which was owed to him.

There you have it this week's list. As always tell me what you think I read them all if I agree with it or not.

4 comments:

  1. To be honest I was completely surprised you didn't have Zack's death on your death list. Especially with you being such a big FF fan. I am glad that it made it here. Those words "my living legacy" are really why final fantasy 7 even happened too bad some fans of the final fantasy games never played chrono trigger though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zack's death is nothing special by itself. Sure the scene is sad and it is one of the best but compared to the others I put on the list I just don't think it compares. And like you said this is coming from a huge Final Fantasy fan

      Delete
  2. Also just wanted to point out I never saw Daelin's death as the End of the Old Hatreds, but it makes sense now. Making that rant of his even more significant to really the entire game of WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Zack scene wasn't a great scene it was just a moment which led to others and by itself without FFVII it really was just some guy dying

    ReplyDelete