First off the rage normalization. They tried this in BC and it failed hardcore. It caused everyone to be rage starved and was just stupid. They are telling us now that it will work how they intended it to before. If it does work then it will be good, because honestly no one likes having no rage at low gear level then basically infinite all the time at high gear levels.
Inner Rage: This is basically a bonus when you reach 100 rage. Passive ability that increases damage. I like it.
Gushing Wound: Boss or player moves they get hurt more is what it comes down to. PvE wise only useful on fights where the boss ends up moving a lot. You are not going to ask your tank to move the boss so you get more damage. The PvP application I believe this is Blizzard's answer to the being able to kite a warrior problem. Because now the player running away from you will take more damage the more they move.
Heroic Leap: So apparently Wrath Beta was merely a setback... Yes this move was on the table in a different light in Wrath beta. Was a targetable jump to an area asigned by the warrior then. It was basically allowing people to jump places you weren't supposed to go so it was scrapped. Now it can be done by targetting a player and will cause a thunderclap effect. In my opinion this is now just a fancy charge, and was much better in the previous form even if all the people are like "OMG WE CAN JUMP AROUND"
- Heroic strike is now on the GC and is an instant attack. Still meant to be a rage dump.
- Shouts don't cost rage, but will generate them. They will work more like DKs horns
- Whirlwind can hit unlimited targets, but the damage has been reduced to 50% weapon damage
- Mortal Strikes healing debuff will be now 20%, but this will be done to all healing reducing abilities
- Sunder will be 3 stacks instead of 5, but still be 4% per stack.
New Interesting Talents
- The new Arms talent called Disarming Nature will make successful disarms cause the target to cower in fear for 5/10 seconds.
- Single-Minded Fury that is parallel to Titan's Grip and will provide a large boost to the damage of a pair of one-handed weapons.
Mastery Talent Tree Bonus
Bonus Swing: This is similar to the Sword Specialization talent that is currently in the game, but Bonus Swing will work on all attacks and with all weapons. You have a chance to proc a free, instant weapon swing that hits for 50% damage.
Enrage Intensity: Every benefit of being enraged is increased. This includes doing more damage/healing/ etc. from abilities like Bloodrage, Death Wish, Enrage, Berserker Rage, and Enraged Regeneration.
Critical Block Chance
Vengeance: This had a huge explanation basically tanks damage will increase as their HP increases. The point of this is so threat doesn't plateau when DPS increases exponentially.
So that was it for the warrior preview. I like for the most part and like always don't go nuts because everything is not done and their will be more to come. So just breathe. For full information on all classes including warriors go here. Final reminder today is your last day to get your RP outfits and stories into me for tomorrow's post.