Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Motivational Raiding

So since I have this gold that I really don't know what to do with it. No, this is not an opportunity to explain to me why you deserve some gold so don't bother. I decided to make raiding this week a little bit of a competition, offering prizes for the week based on specific performances. These include Add Damage, Healing, not getting hit by crap, and any other fun thing I could think of. Basically I am going to be rewarding people on specific fights for being the top in each category for each boss. Then on each boss someone will be in a "pro" category for being let's say the top 3. Also since there is a pro category there has to be a fail category being reserved for the bottom 3.

As an example, bonespike Damage on Marrowgar. The Top Damage on bonespikes gets the gold reward and the top 3 get on the pro list. While the bottom 3 would be on the fail list. Then at the end of the week the person with the most (pro lists) - (fail lists) will get the big money reward at the end of the week. Which will either be a hog or the money for one. The raid itself will also be rewarded for boss kills with no deaths and wings with no wipes. Of course, this is all in good fun and basically a way to motivate people for an instance, which they have been doing for 9 months.

To all of you that are thinking I am crazy for giving away close to 100k gold away for the week. You are probably right and yes it will probably delay my quest for 1,000,000 gold for a couple weeks. It is fine with me though if people will be fired up to come to raid and see what they can do that night in a little friendly competition for the good of the guild and for progress.

I'll be sure to tell you all how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. Gauss Lottery I want in on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you giving away for "Most Gimm Kills" in a FtH raid?

    --Gimmlette

    ReplyDelete